Top 20 Men's and Women's Ranking - Inactivity Policy
Top 20 (Men) Top 10 (Women) Ranking Inactivity Policy
In order to maintain a Squash Alberta Top 20 (Men) Top 10 (Women) ranking, a player must:
1. play a minimum of two (2) matches against Top 20 Alberta ranked players between September 1st and December 31st in a calendar year, and;
2. play a minimum of two (2) matches against Top-20 Alberta ranked players between January 1st and May 30th in a calendar year.
Matches qualifying for Top 20/10 ranking consideration include those played in:
1. Edmonton Squash League (ESL),
2. Calgary Interclub Squash Association (CISA),
3. Calgary Premier League, and/or
4. Squash Alberta Sanctioned tournaments
If a Top 20/10 ranked player does not meet the minimum requirements over the defined period, but has played at least one match and won, they will be moved to the ranking position above the last person they beat during the defined period.
If a Top 20/10 ranked player does not meet the minimum requirements over the defined period, but played at least one match, but had no victories, they will be dropped to the bottom of the ranking list.
If a Top 20/10 ranked player has been inactive, meaning they did not play any matches in the defined period, they will be dropped to the bottom of the ranking list.
A “purge” of players from the Squash Alberta Top 20/10 rankings, based on the above stated criteria and procedures, will take place during the first week of January and the first week of July on an ongoing basis.
Alberta Squash Racquets Association was established in 1967 as a registered non-profit society in the Province of Alberta and is the governing body for the sport of squash in Alberta. In the late 80's the operating name was changed to Squash Alberta. The role of Squash Alberta is to promote and facilitate the development of squash for all Albertans.
240 90 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2J 6P6 (Acadia Recreation Centre)